M&J

MJTrim.com

Monday, January 10, 2011

Featured Sponsor:
Carmi Cimicata: Art Girls Guide to Paris

I am thrilled to introduce you to our new Featured Sponsor,
Carmi Cimicata from artgirlsguide.blogspot.com


I am a full time artist that specialized in handmade greeting cards, altered books, resin embellishments and wearable art pieces.  I hand make over 2000 cards a year in order to meet my clients demands at the Toronto One of A Kind shows.

I attained a visual arts degree from Ryerson University that provided a formal foundation for my art pursuits. 
Upon graduating from Ryerson, 
I founded BACCHUS and The Student Life Education Company;
 a highly recognized charity for young Canadians where I was executive director for sixteen years. 
I credit the charity experience for inspiring me
 to create handmade inexpensive 
promotional and educational materials. 
I believe you can be cost conscious and effective while still making items that are elegant and professional. 


Blogging for me is the perfect way to communicate ideas and images quickly. I have written, mailed and distributed many, many newsletters for most of my life beginning with a comic book style yearbook when I was at elementary school. 
Blogging and the internet just made it so much 
easier to get my ideas out into the world fast.



About my Paris book and blog:

This is the guide book to Paris I wish someone had written for me ten years ago when I first started going to Paris. 
I have managed to learn more and more about Paris each time I visit. Like any grand city, it could take a life time. For those of you who have followed my travels to Paris on my other blog I hope you will be happy to hear that I have pulled
 all my research and tips into this guidebook!

This book began as a quick email. 

The email turned into a memo. 
Then the memo turned into a blog series. 
All because ten to twelve times a year I 
get a message which always begins with
 "Hi Carmi, I know you go to Paris every year, 
do you have any recommendations for us?"

Paris, my Paris blog and the guidebook reflects some of the best moments in my life. It is my escape, my inspiration and I believe it will continue to be the place I visit the most.


I walk and look at windows all day in Paris.
Occasionally, I do go inside to shop as well! 
 I showcase a lot of those windows on my Paris blog.
I visit Paris annually in April, 
but I do get the occasional trip in 
at different times of the year.


Friends and strangers write to me after my trips. They want to know where I stay, where I go, what I eat and most importantly where do I get all the great things I show off on my blog? 
I hope this book answers many of those questions!


I think of going to Paris as a workshop. 
It is my opportunity to see new colours, 
new embellishments, new designs. 
This is what inspires me.


________________________________


Read more about Carmi here
and visit her delightful store  HERE.

1 comment:

Carmi Cimicata said...

Alma, this looks so great! Thank you very much!!
Carmi